Wednesday, June 11, 2014

literary elements FAQs

A few FAQs we've gotten about the Adult Summer Reading program:



I have already pre-registered for Summer Reading.  Do I still have to create an account?
Yes, everyone who participates in Literary Elements must create an account to record hours.  Please visit www.rowanpubliclibrary.org and click on “Events for Adults” and then “Create an Account” to get started.

I clicked on the “Create an Account” link, but nothing is happening.
Check to make sure your Internet Browser is up-to-date.  Some older versions, including Internet Explorer 8, can cause problems when trying to register.  Try using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome if available.

I don’t see my birth day or year when trying to create my account.
You have to choose the year first, then all of the months and days will be visible.

After I created my account, I clicked a link to start recording my reading time but nothing happened.
There are still some kinks with the Summer Reading website over which we do not have any control.  If this issue happens, go back the “Events for Adults” page (www.rowanpubliclibrary.org > Events for Adults) and click on “Track Reading” to log in and track reading.

Do I have to wait until I finish a book to record my reading time?
No.  You can record reading time daily if you choose.  Optional:  If you want to keep track of the number of books you have read, delete the default “1” from the “Book” field when you record your time.  When you complete the book, add the “1” back in and it will credit you for completing one book.  Note:  For the purposes of our prize drawings, we are only interested in the number of minutes you have read.

Do I have to list a title of what I’m reading?
No.  Simply type in the material type (book, audiobook, newspaper, magazine) if you do not want to share the specific title.  As mentioned above, we are only interested in the number of minutes you have read.

How do I know when I have reached 15 hours or 30 hours for prize drawings?
While you are logged in to your account, you can update your profile and set specific reading goals.  Set a goal of 900 minutes to reach 15 hours; 1800 minutes to reach 30 hours.  It will show your progress as you record reading time.

If you have more to add to the list, please send to April.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly